I was definitely glad for the rest since I knew we had a fun-filled Sunday ahead of us! I wanted to have a picnic at the park and play with the kids all day. So we went by Little Caesar's and grabbed a pizza and headed to the lake. Stephen broke out the Barbie fishing pole after we ate and I blew bubbles for the kiddos to play with. We actually did catch a catfish - Bri was so surprised and thought it was adorable lol! She wanted to pet it and take it home - ha! Jackson had fun chowing down on pizza and catching bubbles that flew by. He's such an easy-going baby!
Oh yeah, I gave my mom new tennis shoes that she got to test out at the park and some chocolate truffle coffe and peppermint tea. I figured the tea would be relaxing after having such a fun weekend. And, I got some pretty awesome gifts from my babies. Brianna kept telling me that there was a treasure box upstairs that she wanted me to get. Word to the wise - don't take three year olds shopping for gifts - they can't keep secrets! Ha, thankfully like I told Stephen, I had no clue what she was talking about! But she did pick out a cute animal print treasure box for me and filled it with chocolates. She also made a cute pencil holder for my office desk. She painted every piece of it and put stickers on it herself - I love it and it is in use on my desk now! Stephen also helped Bri and Jax pick out a new piece of artwork for the house. He thought it would look great above the mantle - too bad it is about a foot too tall! Bri tried to tell him it would not fit, but he just knew it would.... too funny! So now the challenge is finding a good spot for it but we will make it work!
To top off the day, I requested smoked brisket for dinner. So Stephen got the smoker going and we had a delicious dinner.
Seriously the weekend was wonderful. It was my first Mother's Day with Jackson and it was so special. I can't believe I am the mother to these two amazing babies... how lucky am I?!
Below are a few fun pics of all the good times. Enjoy!













No comments:
Post a Comment